Manually replay failed Zap runs
You can manually replay any step that fails due to a stopped or held status.
- Go to Zap History.
- Select which Zap runs to replay. You can use the dropdown menus to filter Zap runs by status, date range, owner, folder, app, or Zap name.
- To individually select Zap runs to replay, select the checkbox next to each Zap run.
- To bulk select Zap runs to replay, click the checkbox dropdown menu in the upper left and select:
- Select shown to select all the Zap runs on the page.
- Select all (5000 at a time) to select up to 5,000 Zap runs.
- In the upper left, click Play X (X indicates the number of Zaps runs that you've selected to replay).
- In the dialog box, click Replay to replay the selected Zap runs.
- A notification window will open to show that the Zap run is replaying.
- Here, you can monitor the status of your replay job.
- Once it's complete, you'll see a summary of the results.
When you enable autoreplay, Zapier will automatically replay any Zap run with a stopped status.
Enable autoreplay for your entire account
This will automatically replay any stopped Zap runs across your entire Zapier account.
- Go to the Zap Runs tab in your Zap History.
- In the upper right, click to toggle the Autoreplay switch on.
Enable autoreplay for an individual Zap
Members of your Zapier account can enable autoreplay on a per Zap basis for any Zap they own. This overrides the account-wide autoreplay settings.
This feature is only available in Zapier for Companies accounts.
- Open your Zap in the Zap editor.
- In the left sidebar, click the advanced settings icon .
- Click the Autoreplay override? dropdown menu to expand it, then select an option for this Zap:
- Use account setting: the Zap will autoreplay according to the current account-wide setting. The account-wide setting is shown in parentheses.
- Always replay: the Zap will always autoreplay when there’s an error.
- Never replay: the Zap will never autoreplay when there’s an error.