What is AI?
AI, or artificial intelligence, is a tool that mimics many of the functions of the human mind, like the ability to learn, reason, and solve problems. Currently, most AI is developed through machine learning. With machine learning, the AI is trained on a large amount of data and is able to analyze the data for patterns. From these patterns, it can make predictions and suggestions to power its reasoning and problem-solving.
Learn more about what AI is.
Why should I use AI?
Zapier helps you automate repetitive tasks. With Zapier’s AI-powered features, you can build and fine-tune your automated workflows even faster and more efficiently, saving you time to focus on your human-powered work.
As Zapier’s CEO Wade Foster explains, “At Zapier, we're building AI-powered automation tools so that everyone can create and customize software to suit their specific needs.”
What AI features does Zapier offer?
Build Zaps with an AI coach
- Use the AI-powered Zap builder to generate Zaps. Describe your workflow in plain language and the AI-powered Zap builder will suggest triggers and actions for you.
- Use Formatter with AI to automatically format data. Formatter with AI can suggest formatting options to easily reformat any data you need and save time from manual editing.
- Troubleshoot your Zap run errors with AI. Use AI to describe the error to you in plain language and offer solutions to fix them.
Create your own AI assistant
- Generate content with AI Fields in Zapier Tables. Add AI fields to your Table to easily reference data in the table and generate responses for you.
- Create chatbots in Zapier Interfaces. Create your own custom-branded chatbot directly inside Interfaces or embedded in your own site.
- AI by Zapier app. Use AI’s built-in AI tool to answer questions, extract valuable insights, route messages, and parse data.
Get more out of your AI apps
- Use the Zapier plugin in ChatGPT. Use Zapier AI actions directly inside of ChatGPT.
- Modify large data for your AI prompts. Use Formatter’s Split Text into Chunks for AI Prompts to split your data to avoid token limits in large language models (LLMs) like OpenAI and ChatGPT.
- View all AI apps available on Zapier.
Learn more about AI
Read the Zapier blog to learn more about AI, including:
- What is natural language processing?
- What is prompt engineering?
- How does ChatGPT work?
- How to automate OpenAI
- How to use ChatGPT
- How to write an effective GPT-3 or GPT-4 prompt
- ChatGPT vs. GPT-3 and GPT-4: What's the difference?
- What are AI hallucinations and how do you prevent them?
- How to use AI badly
- AI at Zapier: How we use artificial intelligence to streamline work
- The best AI productivity tools in 2023
- AI at Zapier: 12 apps that will revolutionize the way you work