AI-powered Code steps are a beta feature. It's available for use, but still in active development and may change.
Set up your AI-powered Code step
- In your trigger or action step, above the Code field, click Generate with AI.
- In the dialog box, enter a prompt that describes your desired code.
- Click Generate code.
- Review the generated code.
- Then you can:
- Click the back arrow icon , then edit the prompt and click Generate code to try again.
- Click the back arrow icon , keep the same prompt, then click Generate code to create new code using the same prompt.
- Click Add code to accept the generated code and add it to your Code step.
- Click Cancel to manually enter your code.
- When the dialog box closes, click Continue.
- In the Test section, click Test action.
- Review your test results.
How to write your prompt
- Use plain language in your prompt.
- You do not need to use technical language.
- Avoid ambiguity–be clear and concise.
- You can manually edit your AI-generated code at any time.
- For action steps, you can reference:
- Input data from your Code step.
- Data from previous steps to add it as input data in your Code step for you.
- If you’re making a request to a specific API, it is recommended to include the name of the API in your prompt.
Here are some example prompts:
- Get the current date and time and return it in the format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS as an object.
- Split the full name input into first and last.
- Make an API request to the Star Wars API (swapi.dev) for details on the character name in the input and return the result.
- Check if the value provided is prime.
- Pad the amount given in inputData to the number of decimal places given in inputData.