API Request action is a beta feature. It is available for use, but is still in active development and may change.
- To create an API Request action, you’ll need familiarity with sending HTTP requests, APIs, and reading API documentation.
- Our Support team is able to provide basic troubleshooting for this feature, but they can't troubleshoot the API you use.
API Request action is an advanced feature that allows you to make raw HTTP requests for public apps within the Zap editor.
With the API Request action, you can:
- Create an API request when an existing app on Zapier does not have the actions that you need.
- Use your personal app connection accounts to automatically set the authentication header.
- View comprehensive API responses.
Zapier recommends using API Request action when creating a one-off action that isn't intended for reuse in other Zaps. If you need to create an action for multiple Zaps, consider using App Extensions instead.
Learn how to set up your API Request action.
- API Request action isn’t available for all public app integrations. See the list of supported apps.
- API Request action isn't available for private app integrations.
- You can't use shared app connections owned by other members.
- If the API changes, you may need to update your API Request action.