Skip to main content
App Extensions in Zapier
App Extensions is a beta feature. It is available for use, but is still in active development and may change.
- To use this feature, you’ll need familiarity with sending HTTP requests, APIs, and reading API documentation.
- Our Support team is able to provide basic troubleshooting for this feature, but they cannot troubleshoot the API you use.
App Extensions allow you to create custom actions for public apps on Zapier. By using the app's public API, you can build features that are not available by default using HTTP requests.
With the App Extensions, you can:
- Create custom-made actions when an existing app on Zapier does not have the actions you need.
- Use your personal and shared app connection accounts to automatically set the authentication header.
- Share and reuse custom-made actions across Zaps and teammates.
- View comprehensive API responses.
Zapier recommends using App Extensions when creating a specific action to use in more than one Zap. App Extensions are an excellent way to share your custom actions with your teammates.
Learn more on:
- App Extensions isn’t available for all public app integrations. See the list of supported apps.
- You can’t create App Extensions for private app integrations.
- If the API changes, you may need to update your App Extension.
Get help from Zapier Support.
Find answers and inspiration.
Hire an Expert
Leverage professionals across the globe ready to help.
Take courses designed to help you become a better Zapier user.
Read the Zapier blog for tips on productivity, automation, and growing your business.
Learn about automation anytime, anywhere with our on-demand webinar library.
field types, troubleshoot errors, data privacy