On the Zaps page, you can organize and manage your Zaps and folders. If you're on a Team or Company account, you'll also find all of your shared folders to collaborate on Zaps with your team. Learn how to organize your Zaps in folders.
1. Understand Zap statuses
Zaps can exist in one of two states:
- On: Zaps actively check for new data when they are turned on, and perform the action(s) when triggered. A Zap only checks for new data when it’s on/published. A Zap can’t act on data created while it’s off, even after the Zap is published/turned on again.
- Off: Zaps that are off don’t actively check for new data or perform actions. Zapier automatically turns a Zap off in three situations:
- If the Zap uses a feature that's no longer available in the account (e.g., multi-step Zaps or premium apps) due to a trial expiration or plan downgrade.
- If multiple errors occur each time the Zap tries to run. An email notification will be sent if a Zap is turned off due to excessive errors.
2. Manage individual Zaps
To manage a Zap, click the three dots icon on the right side of the Zap. A dropdown menu will appear with the following options:
- View: open the Zap in read-only mode.
- Details: see details about your Zap including what apps are connected, when the Zap was created and the Zap’s task usage.
- History: open the Zap history for this Zap.
- Run: if a Zap uses a polling trigger, manually run a Zap outside of its normal polling interval.
- Rename: rename the Zap.
- Share a template: share a copy of your Zap, or share it with others in your team if you're on a Teams or Companies account.
- Move to folder: select a folder to move the Zap to. Learn more about organizing your Zaps in folders.
- Duplicate: create a copy of the Zap.
- Delete: move the Zap to the trash folder. Zaps will remain in the trash folder for 30 days before they are permanently deleted.
If the app combination in your Zap supports Transfer, you'll see the option to transfer existing content.
3. Search your Zaps
- Go to Zaps.
- In the upper left, use the search box to search for Zaps. You can search by the name of your Zap or the names of the apps used in your Zap.
4. Restore Zaps in the trash folder
Zaps that are moved to the trash folder will remain there for 30 days before they are permanently deleted. To restore Zaps in the trash folder:
- Go to Zaps.
- In the left sidebar, click the Trash folder.
- On the right of a Zap, click the three dot icon.
- Select Move to Folder, then select a folder.
If you have trouble managing or organizing your Zaps, contact Zapier support.