Drafts allow you to make changes to a Zap without turning it off. Once you’re happy with the changes, you can publish the draft and it will replace the existing Zap.
When you create a draft of a Zap, you can:
- Save the draft and edit it later.
- Edit the draft while the Zap continues to run.
- Publish the draft to replace the current zap.
Create a draft of an existing Zap
When you go to the Zap editor, you’ll see you are in read-only mode. To start a draft:
- Click Edit Zap.
- You can click Save & exit draft at any time to go back to read-only mode. A (has draft) label will be added to the name of your Zap. Drafts are also automatically saved as you work on them.
- You can also discard the draft by clicking the three dot icon at the top right of the screen and selecting Discard draft.
When you reopen a Zap, it will be shown in read-only mode. If you click Edit Zap, you’ll be prompted to continue editing the draft or discard it. Discarding a draft is permanent and no changes are made to the existing Zap.
How to publish a draft
To publish your draft, click Publish, in the Zap editor. This will replace the original Zap.
If your Zap is off but has a draft, you’ll be asked if you want to publish the existing Zap or the draft.
Create a draft of a new Zap
After you create a new Zap, if you leave the Zap editor, a dialog box will appear. You can:
- Save draft to keep the current draft.
- Discard draft to discard the current draft.
- Cancel to continue editing your draft.
Delete a draft
You must publish a Zap at least once before you can delete a draft. To delete a draft:
- Click Edit Zap.
- In the editor sidebar, click the Versions icon .
- Your draft will appear at the top.
- Click the trash icon next to the draft.
- Click Delete.
If you have any questions or feedback about drafts, contact Zapier Support.