Skip to main content
Why is there a section called “Extra Fields” on my Zap action?
When you're setting up your Zap action, you may see a new Extra Fields section appear at the bottom of your action indicating that there are extra fields in your Zap. This can happen when:
- One or more fields in your action step change, like custom fields.
- There are temporary outages.
- You change the action event for the step.
- The type of record being updated changes.
If you leave these extra fields in your Zap, the Zap may submit data that the step doesn't need or isn't expecting, causing the Zap to error.
To fix this:
- Review the extra fields to see if you need to enter those values elsewhere in the Zap.
- Click Remove these extra fields in the Extra Fields section.
Get help from Zapier Support.
Find answers and inspiration.
Hire an Expert
Leverage professionals across the globe ready to help.
Take courses designed to help you become a better Zapier user.
Read the Zapier blog for tips on productivity, automation, and growing your business.
Learn about automation anytime, anywhere with our on-demand webinar library.
field types, troubleshoot errors, data privacy