To use Microsoft Excel with Zapier you need to set up your spreadsheet in a very specific way. If you don't set up your spreadsheet this way, you're likely going to have problems. Pay close attention.
These are the things you'll need from your Microsoft Excel to optimize it for use with a Zap:
- The first row must have titles for any column headers you want to be able to see in your Zap.
- The second row must have content for any columns you want to be able to see in your Zap.
- There can be no completely blank rows before the end of your spreadsheet.
Other Microsoft Excel Zap Tips
- Zaps can only add rows to the end of the spreadsheet and not any other row.
- Do not add or delete rows to your spreadsheet, especially in the middle of data your Zap has already recognized. This can cause errors with your Zap.
- If you are using the Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger, your Zap will trigger even if you update a column that you are not using in the action side of your Zap. Do Not Add New Columns.
- Editing your spreadsheet while a Zap is already live is a bit like trying to fix a leaky faucet with the water turned on. Needless to say, you're going to get wet. So if you plan on editing your spreadsheet, then Turn your Zap Off first!
Working With Microsoft Excel Fields when editing a Template
For triggers, each column should be represented by a field you can select in your Zap
For actions, you should have a different action field available for each column