Payments may be declined or fail for various reasons, such as incorrect card details, expired or blocked cards, or insufficient funds.
If your card is declined, check the following:
- Card number, expiration date, and billing address.
- CVC (a three-digit number usually present on the back of your card).
- 3D Secure authentication: your bank may require you to complete an additional step to authorize the payment.
To protect your privacy and security, banks do not provide Zapier with specific reasons for declining a payment. If you have questions regarding a declined payment, please contact your bank.
If we can’t charge your account, the system will retry up to three times after the initial attempt every 72 hours and let you know about these issues through an email notification. Your Zaps will continue running during this period.
You can also retry a declined payment at any time. To retry a payment:
- Go to Billing and usage.
- In the Payment information section, an alert will display two buttons. You can:
- Click Pay invoice to retry your current payment method.
- Click Update your payment information to edit the information before retrying.
- Once you click Pay invoice, you'll be shown the amount to be charged.
- Click Pay now.
If your card requires additional security authentication (3D Secure), you will be prompted to complete that verification step before being charged.
If the charge doesn’t go through after the last automated retry:
- Your account will be downgraded to a Free plan.
- Any Zaps with Premium features will be paused.
- You will receive an email notification, with instructions on how to reactivate the account.
You can then reactivate your Premium account by updating your payment details.