You're trying to connect a Zap to a Google Sheet, but the spreadsheet doesn't appear in the Spreadsheet dropdown menu in the Zap editor.
There are two main reasons why this might be happening:
- Incorrect file format: The spreadsheet is not saved in the correct file format. Google Sheets can open and edit .XLSX files, but Zapier can only connect to Google Sheets that are saved as Sheet file.
- Spreadsheet permissions: The spreadsheet may not be shared with the Zapier account that you're using. To use a spreadsheet in a Zap, it must be shared with the Zapier account with at least "View" permissions.
How to fix it
To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Save the file as a Sheet. Learn more about converting files to Sheets.
Check spreadsheet permissions. Make sure that the spreadsheet is shared with the Zapier account that you're using. To do this:
- Open the spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Click File > Share.
- Enter the email address of the Zapier account that you're using and make sure that the permission level is set to at least "View".
Reload the list of spreadsheets. If you've already saved the spreadsheet as a Google Spreadsheet and checked the permissions, you may need to reload the list of spreadsheets in the Zap editor. To do this:
- Click the Spreadsheet dropdown menu.
- Click Load More.
- Select your spreadsheet name.