You've encountered an error message that mentions 'range', specifically phrases like:
- "cannot parse range"
- "400 Error: Requested writing within range ['DO NOT EDIT: Feed via Zapier'!A74], but tried writing to column [B]"
There are three potential reasons behind this error:
- Colon in spreadsheet or worksheet title: If your spreadsheet or worksheet title contains a colon (:), it can interfere with Zapier's functionality. Remove the colon from the title to resolve this issue.
- Empty Zap fields: Occasionally, when the Zap tries adding a blank row, it might lead to this error.
- Changed spreadsheet or worksheet name: If the name of the spreadsheet or worksheet has been altered since you initially set up the Zap, it can cause this error. To address this, temporarily disable the Zap, make the necessary name changes, and then re-enable the Zap.
How to fix it
To fix this error, follow these steps:
- Check for colons in spreadsheet or worksheet title: Examine the spreadsheet and worksheet titles for any colons. If found, remove the colons and save the changes.
- Verify Zap field mappings: Review the Zap's fields and ensure that all required fields are mapped and contain appropriate values. If any fields are missing or empty, map them and provide the necessary data.
- Check for name changes: Confirm that the spreadsheet and worksheet names haven't been changed since setting up the Zap. If the names have been altered, temporarily disable the Zap, make the necessary name changes, and then re-enable the Zap.