This tutorial refers to AI actions. These are Zapier actions that can only be used through another app.
AI actions is a beta product. It’s available for use, but still in active development and may change.
Learn how to use AI actions from Zapier embedded in an AI app.
How to use an AI action
When you create an AI action, it will be enabled for the specific AI app.
To use an AI action:
- In the AI app interface, provide instructions for the AI app to carry out an action or answer a question.
- Review and confirm the action.
- Return to the AI app to continue the interaction.
Preview and confirm an action
When an AI action is run, you must confirm it before the AI app can use the results.
- Click the link or button provided to preview the action results.
- Review the contents of each field.
- Click Edit if you'd like to change any of the fields.
- Click Run to complete the action.
Provide hints for the AI
Some AI apps may allow you to override field values before you run the AI action.
If you select Provide hints - override AI in the Field hints (advanced) dropdown field, you will be able to type specific values for the fields. Hints are optional, so you can leave certain fields to have the AI determine the value for them.
Provide feedback about AI actions
You can rate the performance of an AI action using the thumbs-up and thumbs-down buttons. This will help Zapier improve the quality of the AI action responses. If you click the thumbs-down button, you can also share more detailed feedback with Zapier.
Get support for AI actions
To reach out to the Zapier AI support team, fill out this form.