Zapier Tables is a data storage solution built for automation. Tables are composed of:
- Records (each row in a table).
- Fields (each column in a table).
- Cells (the area in the intersection of a record and a field).
You can add records manually or automatically using Zaps.
Create a new table
You can create a new table at https://tables.zapier.com:
- Click Create.
- Type a name for the table.
- Click Create table.
You can also import existing data, click Import data and select the data source.
You can also create a new table from a template in this modal.
Add new fields
When you create a blank table, it will have some text fields set up. To add new fields:
- Click the plus sign on the right side of a table.
- Type a name for the field and fill out other required information.
Zapier Tables offer fields that automatically format data, or work with Zaps. Learn more about the different field types on tables.
Edit a field
To edit an existing field:
- In any table, right-click on a field name.
- Select Edit field from the dropdown menu. The sidebar will open and you can edit the field settings.
You can also add a field in any position in a table by clicking on the name of an existing field and selecting Insert before or Insert after.
After you create a new field, you can also create a Zap to interact with the information on that field. Learn more about triggering and continuing Zaps from records.
Add new records
You can add new blank rows by clicking the plus sign at the bottom of a table.
Bulk edit records
You can edit records by clicking directly on the cell you want to edit. To edit more than one record at the same time:
- Select the checkbox beside the records you want to update.
- To select all visible records, use the checkbox at the header of the table.
- Right-click the field you want to edit on any record in the table.
- From the dropdown menu, select Edit <number> records.
- A dialog box will open and you can make changes to the content of the field.
- Click Change field to edit a different field.
- Click Cancel if you no longer want to edit it.
- Click Save when you're done. These changes cannot be undone.
Edit table settings
To edit the table's details, click the Settings icon on the left sidebar. In the Table Settings menu, you can do the following actions:
- Name: change the table's name.
- Description: change the table's description.
- Send records: change how records are sent to Zaps - manually or automatically.
- Delete table: delete the table and its contents. This action cannot be undone.
Learn more about managing permissions in Zapier Tables and how to trigger and continue Zaps from records.