- Rearrange the order of existing action steps and paths.
- Duplicate existing action steps and paths.
This applies to action steps and paths within a Zap. You can also copy and paste action steps across Zaps.
Reorder action steps
You can reorder action steps or paths in the Zap editor sidebar.
- Hover over the step until the six dot icon appears at the left of the step.
- The mouse arrow will convert to a gloved hand, indicating that you can grab an item.
- Click and hold the step, then drag it to another location.
- Release the mouse to finish moving the step.
- You can only drag and drop individual path steps. You cannot drag and drop an entire path group.
- If you reorder a step or path and place that step after another that uses its information, you’ll see an alert asking you to update mapped fields, as these will no longer be available after the move.
- Triggers and path conditions cannot be moved.
- Steps can only be moved within the same Zap.
Duplicate action steps and paths
You can duplicate action steps or paths in the Zap editor sidebar or directly in the Zap editor.
To duplicate an action step or path in the Zap editor:
- Click the three dot icon next to the action step or path you want to duplicate.
- Select Duplicate step from the dropdown menu.
- A new copy of the action step will appear below the original action step with the name of the original action step preceded by the word “Copy”.
Triggers, Looping by Zapier steps, and parent path steps cannot be duplicated.
Once you're finished making changes to steps, you can publish your Zap.