You can use SMS by Zapier in your Zaps to send yourself text messages. Zapier uses Twilio to send text messages.
- You can send up to 15 messages per hour.
- You can only send messages to United States and United Kingdom phone numbers.
- You can only send messages to confirmed phone numbers. SMS by Zapier won’t send messages to unconfirmed phone numbers.
- Text messages have a limit of 153 characters. Any additional characters will be truncated.
- If you're in the United Kingdom, the phone number that your text message comes from will be replaced by a United Kingdom number.
- Messages sent by SMS by Zapier should not contain any reference to alcohol, illegal drugs, cannabis/cbd, firearms, gambling, prescription medication, tobacco or adult content. Learn more about Twilio's Messaging policy.
If you need additional text messages features, you can use one of the many text message apps available on Zapier.
1. Select your app and action event
- In the Zap editor, click the Action step, or click the plus + icon to add an action to your Zap.
- Search for and select SMS by Zapier.
- Click the Event dropdown menu and select Send SMS.
- Click Continue.
2. Confirm your phone number
- In the dialog box, enter your phone number in the To Number field.
- Select the method of confirmation you want to use:
- If you select SMS, a text message containing a PIN code will be sent to your phone number.
- If you select Call, you will receive a voice call containing a PIN code.
- Click Send SMS.
- In the Confirm PIN field, enter the PIN code you received.
- Click Yes, Continue.
Do not include any symbols with your phone number only use digits. For UK numbers, include the country code.
3. Customize your message
- (Optional) In the From Number field, enter the phone number that you want to receive messages from.
- In the Message field, enter the message that you want to send. You can include data from previous steps in your message.
4. Test your step
- Click Test & Review. If the step is successful, you’ll receive a text message.
Once you’ve set up your SMS by Zapier action, you can add another action or finish setting up your Zap.