Connecting your Amazon Alexa account to Zapier
- First log into your Amazon account and search for Zapier in the Alexa Skills Store.
- Select Zapier and click "Enable" to add this Skill to your Amazon Alexa account.
- You'll then be diverted to login to your Zapier account and then authorize the connection. Click "Authorize".
- Once you've done that, your Zapier account will be linked to your Amazon Alexa account, and you’re ready to create a Zap!
Via Amazon Alexa app
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your device and go to "Skills & Games".
- Search for "Zapier" and click on the Zapier.
- Next, click on "ENABLE TO USE".
- You'll then need to log into your Zapier account.
- To successfully connect your Zapier account to your Amazon Alexa account click "Authorize".
- Once you've done that, then your Zapier account will be linked to your Amazon Alexa account, and you’re ready to create a Zap!
Setting your trigger option
- Set the App as "Amazon Alexa" and the Event as "Trigger Phrase Spoken".
- Next, set a phrase(s) you’d like to use to Trigger the Zap with. The Trigger Phrases(s) field is where you can set up your voice command. If you wish to send over additional information, use Prompts for additional information to ask additional question and with these answers, you can map these out in the rest of your Zap.
Test your Zap
- To test your Trigger, start a conversation with Zapier by either opening the Amazon Alexa app or speak to your Amazon device and say "Alexa, ask Zapier to trigger a Zap" or "Alexa, open Zapier".
- Next, you'll be asked what you want Zapier to do for you. Say your set Trigger Phrase(s) for the Zap you wish to run.
- If you have any Prompts for additional information set, you'll then be asked these.
- And then your Zap will start!
If you have any thoughts on how we can improve your experience in using the Amazon Alexa integration let us know by contacting support.