Can't add my iFormBuilder Account
If you are unsuccessful in connecting to you iFormBuilder account, you may receive the following message:
When you receive a message like access denied, you most likely:
- Misspelled the Dedicated Database Name.
- Incorrectly typed the iFormbuilder log-in credentials.
- The username does not have Server Admin rights.
To troubleshoot and attempt to connect to your iFormBuilder account we suggest:
- Select “Connect a different iFormBuilder account” and make sure to use your Server Admin log-in credentials and check spelling.
- If you have connected before, and it is now not working try reconnecting that account to see if that fixes the problem.
If you're trying to connect multiple Zaps to the same form, and you get an error with the message "Maximum endpoint has been set up for this form", this is because you need a growing or emerging plan to do so.
Unable to Trigger on Subforms
iFormbuilder doesn't webhook data for new records on subforms, only for main forms.
I get a "We're Having trouble loading Company Profile data" error
This means that you are not an admin and don't have access to the profile list. However, you can still use a custom value to set up the zap. You can get their Company ID from iFormBuilder.