Connect to Microsoft Teams on Zapier
Microsoft Teams uses OAuth to authenticate your account on Zapier.
- Log into Microsoft Teams to authenticate.
- Grant Zapier permission to access your account if prompted to.
Install the Zapier app on Microsoft Teams
Before you get started creating a Zap with Microsoft Teams, you will need to install Zapier's app for Microsoft Teams.
- Open up Microsoft Teams and check the Teams tab.
- Find the team you'd like to use and press the three dots next to its name.
- Select Manage team.
- Click Apps > More apps to reach Microsoft's app store.
- In the search box, enter "Zapier".
- Click the dropdown arrow next to Open, then Add to a team.
- From there, [Team Name] > General should be populated by default, but if not, locate it and then click Set up a bot.
- Go back to Zapier and refresh the Team dropdown menu in the Zap.
About Microsoft Teams's app
|Are self-hosted or cloud-hosted accounts supported?
|Cloud-hosted accounts only
|Is a paid Microsoft Teams plan required?
|You must be on a Microsoft Teams paid plan. View Microsoft Teams's plans.
|Are any special account permissions required?
You must one of the following roles:
You must install the Zapier app on Microsoft Teams.
|Are there usage limits?
| Bots cannot send private messages or be added to private channels.
|Are there pagination limits?
|Do trigger samples use real data from your account or generic data?
|Real trigger samples
|Are custom fields supported?
|Do update actions overwrite or append to existing data?
|Is there any additional info?