About the Microsoft Teams Integration
- Admin/owner permissions: Requires one of the following roles: Global Administrator, Security Administrator, Security Reader or Privileged Role Administrator.
- Paid/versioned account: You need to be on a Microsoft Teams paid plan.
Setting up the Microsoft Teams Integration
Install the Zapier app on Microsoft Teams
Before you get started creating a Zap with Microsoft Teams, you will need to install Zapier's app for Microsoft Teams.
- Open up Microsoft Teams and check the Teams tab.
- Find the team you'd like to use and press the three dots next to its name.
- Select Manage team.
- Click Apps > More apps to reach Microsoft's app store.
- In the search box, enter "Zapier".
- Click the dropdown arrow next to Open, then, Add to a team.
- From there, [Team Name] > General should be populated by default, but if not, locate it and then click Set up a bot.
- Go back to Zapier and refresh the Team dropdown menu in the Zap.
Connecting Microsoft Teams to Zapier
When you start creating a Microsoft Teams Zap, you will be asked to connect your Microsoft Teams account.
You’ll be asked to log into your Microsoft Teams account (unless you are already logged in).
Finally, you will be asked to give Zapier permission to access your account. Click "Yes” to continue.
If all steps were successful your Microsoft Teams account will now be successfully connected.