Connect to GitLab on Zapier
GitLab uses OAuth to authenticate your account on Zapier.
- Add your GitLab Hostname.
- If you host your own instance of GitLab, you must add your Application ID and Secret.
- Log into GitLab to authenticate.
- Grant Zapier permission to access your account if prompted to.
Learn more about authenticating your GitLab account in Zapier.
Add Zapier as an application to GitLab
If you host your own instance of GitLab, you need to add Zapier as an application to GitLab before connecting to Zapier.
- Log in to your GitLab account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Application.
- Enter the application name as Zapier.
https://zapier.com/dashboard/auth/oauth/return/GitLabCLIAPI/in the Redirect URI field, and include the trailing slash.
- Under the Scope section, select the check boxes api and read_user.
- Click Save application.
- The page will reload with your Application ID and Secret.
About GitLab's app
|Are self-hosted or cloud-hosted accounts supported?
|Both self- and cloud-hosted accounts
|Is a paid GitLab plan required?
|View GitLab's plans.
|Are any special account permissions required?
|Are there usage limits?
|Are there pagination limits?
|Do trigger samples use real data from your account or generic data?
|Real trigger samples
|Are custom fields supported?
|Do update actions overwrite or append to existing data?
|Is there any additional info?