This tutorial refers to AI actions. These are Zapier actions that can only be used through another app.
AI actions is a beta product. It’s available for use, but still in active development and may change.
Before you can run Zapier's AI actions, you must give the application the following permissions:
- See and run AI Actions you enable for that app
- See the results of AI Actions run for that app
Apps that have Zapier AI actions embedded in them can only run AI Actions that you specifically enable for that app. You can manage and revoke an app's access to your Zapier account at any time.
Using the action setup window
To add a new AI action, you must visit the action setup window for the app you're working with. A link will be available in the app's interface, but you can also reach it using the following instructions:
- Go to the list of connected apps.
- Click the Manage Actions link for the specific app.
Add a new AI action
In the action setup window:
- Click Add a new action.
- In the text field, search for the app or action name, and select the action you want to use.
- Select a connection. You can also reconnect or create a new connection.
- Fill out the available fields.
- You can use a specific value or let AI guess values based on the content of your request.
- Click Enable action.
By default, Zapier only shows required fields during the setup process. To view and use optional fields, click Show all options. You can include them in the AI's response by selecting Have AI guess or Use a specific value from the dropdown menu. Learn more about these options.
Complete an action without previewing it
By default, AI actions will show a preview of the data the app will send before running. Depending on the AI app you use, you may be able to complete an AI action automatically without the preview step. Learn more about previewing an action.
To skip the preview step:
- Add a new AI action.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Show all options.
- Clear the Require preview before running AI action checkbox.
- Click Enable action.
You can also change this behavior for existing AI actions. Learn how to edit your AI actions.
This option may not be available if the developer has set the AI app to always require the preview step. In this case, you will not see the checkbox, and the actions will always display a preview before running.
Get support for AI actions
To reach out to the Zapier AI support team, fill out this form.