App Extensions is in beta feature. It is available for use, but still in active development and may change.
Our Support team is able to provide basic troubleshooting for this feature, but they cannot troubleshoot the API you use.
App Extensions are custom actions that you or your teammates have created to be used in your Zaps.
1. Choose your app and event
- In the Zap editor, click the Action step, or click the plus + icon to add an action to your Zap.
- Search for or select the app you want to use in your action.
- Click the Event dropdown menu and select your App Extensions (Beta).
- Click Continue.
2. Connect your account
- If you already have an account connected to Zapier for the app, select it from the account menu.
- If not, click Connect a new account and follow the instructions to connect your app to Zapier.
- Once the connection is working, click Continue.
3. Select your custom action
- (Optional) In the Owner dropdown menu, you can select to view all App Extensions created in your Zapier account.
- In the App Extension dropdown menu, select the custom action you wish to use. You’ll be able to view App Extensions created by you or your team. Once selected, the fields associated with the App Extension will appear.
- (Optional) If you’re having trouble with fields loading, click Refresh fields.
- Set up your action with data you want to send over to your action app.
- Click Continue.
4. Test your action
- Click Test action.
- The next screen will show if Zapier can perform the action step successfully. To see the full response data, copy the URL in the field _full_response_data_ and paste it into a new browser tab.
- An API error may still result in a task completing successfully. To view API errors, download the full response data.
- It’s expected behavior that an API’s error message will not appear in the Zap editor or Zap History.
- Add another action step.
- Turn your Zap on by clicking Publish Zap.